10 Good Reasons to Drink Green Tea
It is widely known that Green Tea is good for our health- but Health Fitness Revolution wanted to break it down and give you 10 GOOD reasons why you should drink a cup of green tea daily:
- Boosts your immunity: The Polyphenols, Flavonoids, and Vitamin C present in green tea boosts the immune system to make the human body stronger in fighting the cold, flu, and various infections.
- Prevention and treatment of neurological diseases: Drinking green tea daily could help prevent degenerative and neurological diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. This is due to the Polyphenols in green tea which help maintain the parts of brain that regulate learning and memory.
- Aids in Weight Loss: A new study shows that green tea extract increases the rate of calorie burning by the body. It reduces blood fat, cholesterol, bloatedness, detoxifies the body and suppresses untimely food cravings. Enabled with diuretic properties, it also eliminates excess water and thereby reduces excess weight. But remember that the best way to lose weight is to have green tea along with proper nutrition and regular physical exercise!
- Anti-Aging: Because it contains high levels of oligomeric proanthocyanidins (one of the most powerful antioxidants), Green Tea is thought to help slow down the premature aging process. These Antioxidants fight free radicals which keep aging at bay and promoting longevity.
- UV Protection: In the summer, UV rays act as a constant threat. Luckily, according to research, Green tea is rich in antioxidants that scavenge harmful free radicals in the body. In addition, using green tea extracts along with your sunscreen could afford you the greatest level of sun protection.
- Helps Curb Diabetes: Green tea apparently normalizes and regulates blood sugar levels in the body. The components in Green tea help regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar. It also triggers and stimulates insulin production and activates the functioning of the pancreas to some extent.
- Hydrates: Contrary to common belief that tea dehydrates, green tea provides hydration benefits similar to water.
- Boosts exercise endurance: According to scientific research, the antioxidants present in green tea extracts increase the body’s ability to burn fat as fuel which accounts for improved muscle endurance. It also enhances energy levels and boosts your metabolism.
- Fights Various Cancers: Green tea extract is reported to induce cancer cell death and starve tumors by curbing the growth of new blood vessels that feed them. The antioxidants in tea also help protect against a variety of cancers: including breast, stomach, small intestine, pancreas, liver, ovarian, colon, colorectal, skin, lung, esophagus, prostate and oral cancers.
- Reduces the Risk of Heart Attack: The flavonoids present in green tea protect the heart by relaxing the blood vessels so blood can flow more easily. Drinking green tea rapidly improves the health of body cells lining the blood vessels and also helps in lowering one’s risk for heart disease. So, protect your heart and have green tea on a regular basis.