Columbus Marathon Sunday October 20
40th COLUMBUS MARATHON & HALF MARATHON
The 2019 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & Half Marathon takes place Sunday, October 20 throughout downtown Columbus. The race begins at 7:30 a.m. at the intersection of Neil Ave. and Long St. along North Bank Park. The finish line is also in this same location. To accommodate the set-up and nearly 20,000 participants and spectators, there will be some road closures in and around the Arena District.
NOTE: All Arena District parking garages will remain open and accessible.
Select road closures will begin Friday, October 18, after the morning commute:
- Long St. between High St. and Hocking St. will close at 9:00 a.m. on Friday and re-open no later than 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Spring St. between West St. and Neil Ave. will close at 7:00 p.m. on Friday and re-open at 3:00 p.m. Saturday to allow for post-hockey game traffic. The road will be closed again Saturday at 11:00 p.m. through Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
- Neil Ave. between Nationwide Blvd. and Spring St. will close at 11:00 p.m. Saturday and reopen at 6:00 p.m. Sunday. However, access to the Neil Ave. garage will remain available all weekend.
Closures on Sunday, October 20:
- As noted above, Spring St. will close at 11:00 p.m. Saturday from West St. to Hocking St. until 6:00 p.m. Sunday. Access to Marconi Garage via Spring St. will remain open.
- Nationwide Blvd. between High St. and Front St. will close from 5:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- Front St./Park St. between Nationwide Blvd. and Buttles Ave. will close from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
The Full and Half Marathon course maps can be found here.